Bike Newport’s mission is to improve, encourage and facilitate bicycling in and around Newport for the health and well-being of our youth and families and as a viable and enjoyable method of transportation for residents and visitors.
Our goal is to help more people get out of the car and into the saddle – to discover, explore, traverse, and enjoy the beauty and delight of our “City By The Sea.”
We are making steady progress thanks to the hard work of dedicated volunteers and the collaboration of the city and state-wide stakeholders and advocates. Our initiatives include:
- Encouragement: Creating a strong bike culture that welcomes and celebrates bicycling.
- Education: Giving people of all ages and abilities the skills and confidence to ride.
- Engineering: Creating safe and convenient places to ride and park.
- Enforcement: Ensuring safe roads for all users.
- Evaluation: Planning for bicycling as a safe and viable transportation option.
Bike Newport is a domestic non-profit organization registered in the State of Rhode Island in November of 2011. Our fiscal sponsor is Social Venture Partners of Rhode Island, a 501(c)3 tax-exempt organization. We expect to complete our 501c3 status in 2016.
on the Theory of Relativity
John F. Kennedy
12,058 total views, 2 views today