Bike Newport’s Ride and Events Partner Program provides a great opportunity for local rides and events to reach more potential riders, increasing their revenue while supporting Bike Newport’s ongoing efforts to make bicycling safer and to encourage more people to ride bicycles.
What Bike Newport Does for Your Ride:
- Email Promotion: We will include advertisements for your ride in two (2) What’s Spinning email newsletters. Please provide a graphic in .jpeg format, a registration link, and up to 100 words of accompanying text. You may express a preference for which weeks/months your notices will run. What’s Spinning reaches 1,150+ subscribers.
- Blog Post and Social Media: We will announce our partnership in a blog post on our homepage, automatically cross-posted to Facebook and Twitter – each with 1,400+ followers.
- Calendar Listing: We will list your ride on our online calendar, which appears on our homepage and Calendar page. Calendar listings include date, time, location, description, and a link for information or registration.
- Optional Ride Support: We can provide both pre-ride planning and day-of services. For a flat rate of $50, we can review your planned route to make safety and suitability recommendations.
- Discounts on Fathers Day Ride Registration: Your riders may sign up for the Annual Elliot Kaminitz Father’s Day Ride at the Bike Newport member rate (15% off). Registration is available at fathersdayride.org.
- Discount on Bike Newport Membership: Your riders may join Bike Newport for $5 off the regular membership rate.
- Optional Ride Marshals: On the day of the ride, we can provide cycling marshals at $25/marshal. Ride marshals will wear “Ride Support” T-shirts and carry cell phones, water, basic bike tools and flat repair kits. They will ride the course and be available in case of flat tires or other technical needs, emergency response, and information. Ride marshals will be waived of registration fees.
- Smart Cycling Classes: Bicycling skills classes taught by Bike Newport’s League Certified Instructors (LCI’s) help bicyclists ride more safely and confidently in traffic– an important concern for many charity riders. Classes are free of charge to residents of Aquidneck Island. Please guarantee minimum of eight participants before scheduling your class.
How Your Ride Will Help Bike Newport:
- Donate $1 Per Rider to Bike Newport: You agree to donate $1 per rider or person attending your event to support Bike Newport’s efforts to make cycling safer for everyone. The minimum donation is $150.
- Information Distribution: To help spread awareness about safe cycling in Newport, you agree to make available a “Rules of the Road” flyer and Aquidneck Island Bicycling Map to each of your riders. Bike Newport will provide the flyer and map at no cost.
- Website Link: You agree to link to Bike Newport at www.bikenewportri.org from your website. We can provide a suitable Bike Newport logo for your use.
How to Sign Up
If you are interested in signing up for this program download our 2016 Partner Agreement (.pdf) fill it out and email back to email@example.com and call us at 401.619.4900 with any questions.
Thank you! We look forward to working with you!