Bike Newport wouldn’t run without the support and dedication of our amazing volunteers. There are ample opportunities to get involved! Help plan, organize, and participate! All volunteer inquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 401.619.4900.
Bike Newport volunteers get free membership (min 5x/year).
Upcoming Event Volunteers needed for:
- May 5 – Farm-to-Farm Ride
- May 7 + 21 – Garage en Espanol – Spanish speaking bike mechanics wanted
- May 12-20 – Volvo Ocean Race for Team Bike Newport
- May 18 – Bike to Work Day
- June 10 – Elliot’s Ride – sign up to volunteer here
- July 27-29 Folk Festival
- Aug 3-5 – Jazz Festival
Install lights and bells and hand out reflective vests, helmets and locks. Spanish speaking and basic bike mechanics are helpful.
Roads and Routes Committee
Committee meets first and third Tuesday of each month to discuss local bike routes and road conditions. The Roads and Routes Committee creates each edition of the Newport Bicycle Map and acts as the bridge between the local cycling public and the municipal government.
Participate in on-road surveys to help Bike Newport document bicycle ridership.
Our Open Garage is community oriented and volunteer driven to support a DIY approach to understanding and fixing bicycles. We collect abandoned and discarded bikes, which are then repaired or harvested for usable parts with the help of our volunteers! You can help teach bike mechanics at two locations on weekday afternoon/evenings and some weekends.Volunteers keep this space moving, you are the wind behind our wheels – Thank you!
Assist league-certified instructors with youth and adult workshops to teach safe cycling techniques. Mostly weekends.
Special Events Bike Valet
- 2018 newportFILM Screenings
- Let’s help get more people biking to local events! Our volunteers will spread bike love as they greet people on bikes, give bikes a little TLC cleanup, and encourage other people to ride the next time! And you’ll get to see a great film when the sun goes down. Contact email@example.com
- 2018 Newport Folk Festival
- We need all the help we can get to park up to 1,400 bikes each day. Each shift is 4.5 hours and you’ll receive a pass to attend the festival for the rest of the day you work. Help us make Newport’s summer events bike-friendly and have fun while you’re at it! Sign up to volunteer at the Newport Folk Festival here
- 2018 Newport Jazz Festival
- Help greet folks on bikes and get more people to choose biking to the coolest show in town. Each shift is 4.5 hours and you’ll receive a pass to attend the festival for the rest of the day you work. Sign up to volunteer at the Newport Jazz Festival here.
- 4th of July Family Bike Parade
Help children decorate their bikes for the Annual Bike Parade! Then be part of the Bike Parade to the historic celebrations in Washington Square. Red White and Blue bike happiness! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org