Please support our Team and our Work HERE.
Ride with us! or donate directly to support our team –
Every dollar you donate to our team comes back to support Bike Newport’s programs.
Search our team “Bike Newport & Bike-On” Thank you for your support!
Every year since 2012 a team of Bike Newport staff, board, and volunteers ride a metric century (62 miles) from Woonsocket to Newport as part of the annual New England “Bike to the Beach.”
There are many reasons why we love this ride!
- Where else can you ride an entire state in time for lunch? Only in L’il Rhody! We just love that 🙂
- We’ve been riding with our friends from Bike to the Beach for as long as Bike Newport has been around. They were our first charity partnership, and they are our forever friends. We’ve helped them to build their New England ride, (there are 5 others around the country – see biketothebeach.org), and they have helped us to build our programs for young people with Autism and other challenges.
- We partner with our friends at Bike-On – the national adaptive cycling experts located in Warwick RI – to ensure that we have “bikes for everyone” at all of our events, so everyone who wants to ride can participate!
- Bike Newport is a featured Impact Organization with Bike to the Beach – read about our work together HERE: https://biketothebeach.org/impact-organizations-bike-newport/
- Every penny you contribute in our team’s name comes back to Bike Newport for these awesome programs, including: school-day programs at Bike Newport for Thompson Elementary students, internships with Rogers High School, in-school programs that serve all students, bringing adaptive bicycles to our events, adding adaptive bicycles to our fleet, restoring adaptive bicycles for distribution, and more. THANK YOU!
This year, you can support our ride in several ways. Head to www.biketothebeach.org and search our team: “Bike Newport & Bike-On”.
- DONATE to our team HERE
- DONATE to a member of our team by selecting a team member HERE:
- JOIN our team and ride with us! Click HERE and enter “Bike Newport & Bike On” as your team when they ask.
- Share this page to your social media and encourage others to support our ride and our programs.
Here’s a delightful video that some of our year-round students made to share their Bike Dreams. These kids and their dreams are full of enthusiasm and promise. Enjoy!
Thanks for supporting Bike Newport and our educational programs!